Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Best Smelling Beauty Products

Pictured: That's a lot of stuff.


There are two types of people: people that use the phrase 'there are two types of people" and people that don't. Unlike that situation, there are many different variations when people regard scents of beauty products, e.g, people can either use only products they like the scents of, ignore the scents completely, avoid all terrible smelling things. In this case, it's not limited to just two kinds of people. Let's be honest here, it's probably impossible to have just two types of people in such a world so vast with every human being unique.

Okay, back to the scents. Obviously, not everyone likes the same scents, so if I'm dissing something you happen to love the smell of, or you're absolutely appalled that I love something that makes you want to barf, let me know by leaving a comment!

Part 1: The Best

A) Fruity



i. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
I love the scent of citrus so much. This cuticle cream smells like these lemon cheesecake bars, which are more fresh lemon-y than dessert-y, and by that I mean it focuses on the fruit.





ii. Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit
Like I said before, I love citrus. This smells exactly like grapefruits (because they use grapefruit oil, duh) without their bitter taste.






iii. Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Lotion Wipes
Need I say it again? Citrus. Love. 




iv. Bath and Body Works Winter Cranberry Hand Soap

Bath and Body Works is known for their products' scents, but this particular scent is my favorite. Sad thing is that it's only around in the winter T_T If you're not into cranberries, fear not! There is a humongous variety of scents, you'll definitely find something you love.



v. NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm
Fruity things are basically my favorite scents ever, so it's no doubt I would love these. They smell like these (ridiculously expensive) apple gummy candies. Even though I think these smell great, I never use them because they are SO GLITTERY. 




Pictured: NYX Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers

vi. NYX Butter Lip Balm
This particular lip balm has the faintest scent without being completely missing. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit stronger, but sometimes less is good. It smells fruity - I would say it's closest to a strawberry, but it doesn't smell exactly like strawberries (in the way that these smell exactly like strawberries)



vii. Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint
These fruity products smell on par with their names. Coconut nectar is obviously coconut-y, blood orange has the same scent as the blood orange lotion wipes I just mentioned, which is citrus-y, and sugared fig smells like sweet dried fruit.

B)  (◡‿◡)  Sweet  (◡‿◡✿)

i. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
I, for one, am not an avid fan of products that claim to smell "just like vanilla cupcakes!" because they usually end up smelling FAKE AND DISGUSTING. These, however, smell like cake batter without overdoing it like the common products that teenyboppers seem to be drawn into.


Pictured (Left to Right): NYX Lip Cream and PF Glossy Stain

ii. Physician's Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Glossy Stain
The packaging claims the product has a warm vanilla fragrance, and I agree completely. I wouldn't necessarily call it a sexy scent , but it's pretty strong and thankfully not sickening. It sure beats other vanilla scents.


C) ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Misc ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ


Pictured: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive or Sultry sorry I have no idea.


i. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains
I know some people are turned off by it, but the pure minty scent of these balm stains make me thankful that they aren't the typical sweet scented lip product. If you hate menthol, avoid these and the Tarte LipSurgence lip tints and pick up a Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain or a Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick. They're both chubby lip pencils that smell fruity, rather than minty.




Pictured (Top to Bottom): Blackberry Honey, Reddy for Anything, Health Nut, In the Pink

ii. Sally Hansen Colorfast Tint + Moisture Balm
If you love the smell of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, you'll probably love this. It's very cocoa-y but not necessarily chocolaty. I don't really know how to describe it, but it definitely smells similar to that bronzer. See (almost) all the colors and a review here.




Pictured (Clockwise, starting from the top left): Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rosé Kiss, Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss, and Caramel Cream Kiss

iii. Nivea Lip Butter

If you ever happen upon the display of these lip butters, you'll notice that Smooth Kiss will always be the last ones to sell out, presumably because everyone loves their delectable smell. Raspberry Rosé Kiss is fruity, Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss is sweet and well... vanilla-y, and Caramel Cream Kiss is ... um. Difficult to describe, the caramel one almost smells fruity to me, but I've heard other reviews say it reminded them of caramel popcorn.





Pictured: Revlon Scented Nail Enamel in Autumn Spice

iv. Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel
These scented nail polishes are great for those who like interest, not those who hate the smell of nail polish. Their scents only appear after they've dried, and begin fading after a few hours. I have Autumn spice, and I love the cinnamon-y sweetness. There are other categories of scents too, so if you prefer fresh or floral scents, those are available options as well.





v. Batiste Dry Shampoo

Everyone praises this product not only because of it's performance, which is obviously top priority, but also because it comes in different scents, like Original, Cherry, Wild, etc. Cherry seems to be a cult-favorite and I am on board with that opinion because it's fruity and a hint floral-y.





Pictured (Left to Right): Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry and Rose Velvet

vi. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
This one is cheating - I love it because it smells. Like. NOTHING! Yes, it is scent-less, and the problem I have with most lipsticks is that it smells terrible, so this is great for me.


Wow, okay, that was longer than I expected. I'm gonna split this into two parts, so be sure to check out the worst smelling products here (to be posted)!

No comments:

Post a Comment